EVENTS HIGHLIGHTING THE CO-OPERATIVE AND MUTUAL SECTOR AND ITS MANY BENEFITS
WEBINAR: Effective Governance of a Co-operative or Mutual Enterprise (CME)
Host: Australian Institute for Company Directors
Member-owned organisations such as co-operative and mutual enterprises (CMEs) require strong governance and leadership to drive performance in delivering on purpose and sustainable surpluses.
While good corporate governance principles may be universal, this session explores the specific governance needs of high-performance CMEs to create, protect and return value to their members and the community.
You will learn:
- The subtle differences in the duties of a CME director
- How to adapt key governance principles in a CME environment
- How to drive performance as a CME director
- About sector influences from recent advocacy initiatives, including the Co-operative and Mutual Enterprise (CME) Governance Principles, Treasury Laws Amendment (Mutual entities) Bill 2018, AASB commentary on CMEs and the appointment of a new minister for CMEs
- How to identify opportunities to take on CME directorships.
CME boards directors are typically elected from their membership (8 in 10 Australians) and are often supported by a minority of independent directors. CME boards are a growth area for launching director careers.
Whether you are considering becoming a nominee member director seeking election, or are an experienced member/ independent director joining a CME board with definitive expectations of your unique contribution, this webinar will provide valuable insights, resources and tools for your CME director career.
Date: Tuesday, 5 February 2019
Time: 12 PM – 1 PM (AEDT)