EVENTS HIGHLIGHTING THE COOPERATIVE AND MUTUAL SECTOR AND ITS MANY BENEFITS
Co-operatives and mutuals strategic development program (CMSDP) with Professor Tim Mazzarol
4 May – 20 May 2021
5pm-7:30pm AEDT / 4.30pm-6.30pm ACDT / 2pm-4:30pm AWST
This online course delivered in an intensive format over three weeks focuses on what sets co-operative and mutual businesses apart from other business types, and provides critical insights into key strategic focus areas.
- Understanding the co-operative and mutual business models
- Governance and leadership in member-owned businesses
- Marketing the co-operative advantage
- Financing co-operative and mutual businesses
- Legislative structures and their impact on co-operative and mutual enterprises.
This course will be delivered online by the Australian Institute of Management Western Australia (AIM WA) and the University of Western Australia Business School, Executive Education.
As part of the Co-operative Farming project, BCCM is providing access to educational bursaries to cover 90% of the cost of this course for farmers, fishers and foresters who are interested in co-operatives, or currently engaged within a co-operative. If you are eligible for a bursary, this reduces the cost to you from $880 to $88 (GST inclusive). Learn more about the bursary program and apply for a bursary.
Duration: Six virtual sessions, 2.5 hours per session
Dates: 4-20 May 2021, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 1: May 4, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 2: May 6, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 3: May 11, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 4: May 13, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 5: May 18, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
- Mod 6: May 20, 5pm-7:30pm (AEDT) / 4.30pm-6.30pm (ACDT) / 2-4.30pm (AWST)
Cost: Special BCCM rate of $880 (inc GST) a saving of $110 from the standard cost ($990 inc GST). Please email BCCM to verify your membership and receive the discount code, prior to booking.
Recommended for: For current or aspiring; board members, CEOs and their direct reports, and senior leaders who have, or will have, a strategic role in their business.
More information: Download brochure
Express your interest to attend the online Co-operatives and mutuals strategic development program
“I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual Co-operatives and Mutuals course, which was a great mix of presentation, independent learning and group discussion with other CME leaders. The course covered all of the essentials of successful CME management, and Tim provided several case studies and useful tools to help us apply the concepts to our own organisations. I would gladly recommend this course to any executive or senior manager, new or experienced, who are looking to refresh their thinking and expand their knowledge of CME’s.”
Michael May, General Manager, Shared Services, Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative