AUSTRALIA'S ONLY PEAK BODY FOR
ALL COOPS + MUTUALS
Future proofing Aussie farmers, fishers and foresters
Co-operative Farming is designed to support farmers, fishers and foresters through the formation of new farming co-operatives and to foster the resilience and growth of developing farming co-operatives, including those formed under the Farm Co-operatives and Collaboration Pilot Program (Farming Together).
The Co-operative Farming Project provides:
- Advice and information hotline: we gather initial information and then arrange for a 30-minute phone consultation to discuss your needs and provide advice on resources available to support farmers, fishers and foresters.
- Series of virtual information sessions, virtual roundtable discussions and virtual interviews with Q&A. These online activities are delivered in an accessible format for farmers, fishers and foresters regardless of their location.
- Farm co-op mentoring program
- Financial support through educational bursaries program
- Co-operative Farming interactive website with educational assets including tools, resources and course modules.
- Co-operative Conversations – the livestream series
- The Co-operative Farming: Blueprint for future proofing Aussie farmers report
- Co-operative Foundations online modules
The Co-operative Farming project provides farmers, fishers and foresters wanting to find out more about starting a co-operative and those wanting to grow existing co-operatives. This includes advice, education, mentoring and other opportunities.
Events: Co-operative Conversations – the livestream series
We speak with farmers who are successfully using Co-operative farming business models. Hear their stories and real life experiences (warts and all).
We provide an extensive range of resources, tools, education bursaries, mentoring program and interactive website.
Read the latest news, media releases and in the news items on the BCCM’s Co-operative Farming project.
You can call our hotline or email us.
This project is supported by the Department of Agriculture, through funding from Australian Government’s Starting Farm Co-operative Program.