2016 National Mutual Economy Report
The 2016 National Mutual Economy Report, launched at the BCCM’s Leaders’ Summit, shows the Top 100 Australian co-operative and mutual enterprises (CMEs) grew their annual gross turnover by 4% for the FY2014/15.
The third edition of the BCCM’s report, which maps the size, composition and overall health of the CME sector, shows combined turnover for the Top 100 Australian member owned businesses of $30.5 billion (FY2014/15), with combined assets of $143.7 billion.
The report also includes case studies on CBH Group, Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative, Bank Australia (report sponsor) and CEHL.
The report shows that the combined annual turnover of the Top 100 CMEs is not the only financial measure trending up:
- Combined assets of the Top 100 is also up by 8% (to $143.7 billion);
- Combined median profitability of the same firms is up (15%).
- Median assets also showed a 9% growth; while
- Combined liabilities fell by 2%.
- Top 100 member-owned companies turn over increasing by 4% per annum – and 18% over a five-year period.