The BCCM has developed the first course to introduce your employees to key co-op and mutual concepts. A live two-hour online classroom.
An Introduction to Co-operatives and Mutuals has been developed especially as an easy and affordable induction training for new employees, this industry developed course is relevant for staff at all levels to ensure a consistent level of knowledge across the co-operative and mutual enterprise (CME) sector.
It is designed to ensure co-op and mutual employers can provide an introductory overview of the business model and the co-op and mutual sector to new and existing staff.
The key objective is to educate and to inspire people working in the sector to understand more about the unique role and contribution of co-operatives and mutuals to help them in their role in their co-op and mutual, whether frontline staff, management or directors. It will help build a meaningful connection between the employee and the wider co-op and mutual sector, as well strengthening the relationship with their individual employer.
This is achieved through a deeper understanding of the fundamental principles which underpin co-ops and mutuals as businesses that put purpose, people, and communities at the heart of the enterprise.
It is delivered in a live and interactive webinar structure with a unique live Q&A with a sector leader. Watch videos of past Q&As below. Knowledge is delivered in a fun and accessible format.
By undertaking the course, your employees will learn:
- About the co-operative and mutual business model and how it is different to other kinds of business structures.
- About the purpose of co-ops and mutuals and how they are structured to benefit members.
- Some real examples of co-ops and mutuals through case studies.
- How co-ops and mutuals and started here and around the world.
- Why working for a co-op or mutual matters – in a live conversation with a senior co-op or mutual business leader.
Upon completing the course attendees will be able to demonstrate their understanding of:
- The size, scale and impact of the co-op and mutual sector in Australia.
- The unique nature and fundamental concepts of co-operative and mutual businesses.
- Similarities and differences from other business models including shareholder owned businesses.
- The origins and development of co-operatives and mutuals in Australia and overseas (including mutual ADIs, Friendly Societies, agricultural and retail co-ops).
- The seven global co-operative principles and the three mutual values.
- Why co-operatives and mutuals matter to a sustainable economy and society.
Length: 2 hours
Delivery mode: Online
Professional development: 2 CPD points are awarded
- BCCM Member (1-9 employees) – $259 (inc. GST and booking fee)
- BCCM Member (10+ employees) – $202 (inc. GST and booking fee)
- Non-BCCM Members – $512 (inc. GST and booking fee)
- Tuesday, 19 July 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 13 September 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEST
- Tuesday, 11 October 2022, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm AEDT
- Tuesday, 8 November 2022, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm AEDT
Book online for you and your staff to attend An Introduction to Co-operatives and Mutuals – multiple dates available.
Email the BCCM education team if you require additional information.