Co-operatives and Mutuals Strategic Development Program (CMSDP) is offered through AIM WA UWA Business School Executive Education. This three-day program has been designed by Winthrop Professor Tim Mazzarol following extensive research into the needs of co-operative and mutual organisations. Discounts are available for the BCCM’s members.
This face to face program is fully comprehensive and allows for a deep dive into the individual issues and opportunities that face participants and their organisations.
The program will focus on the sustainability, performance, and resilience of co-operative and mutual organisations.
The crucial need for the CMSDP
While there are many general management and development programs on the market, most do not meet the specific requirements of this sector, which has acknowledged the need for a dedicated course which captures the unique nature of the co-operative enterprise business model.
Many aspects of the way co-operative and mutual enterprises are managed are similar to more conventional businesses. However, there are also many important differences. These relate to areas such as their governance, distribution of share capital and voting rights, human resources, communications, marketing and strategic purpose.
- Compare and contrast the co-operative and mutual business model with that of investor-owned businesses
- Exhibit knowledge of the co-operative and mutual business model as it exists locally, nationally and internationally
- Demonstrate an ability to apply their understanding of co-operative and mutual enterprise business model dynamics to the solving of managerial problems
- Evaluate the impact, and make strategic decisions in relation to:
- government policies and legal environments
- competitive market dynamics
- social cooperation within their member community, and
- the impact of the natural environment
- Understand the nature of member loyalty and engagement within a co-operative and mutual enterprise and how to strengthen and retain member commitment.
- Module 1: Understanding Co-Operative and Mutual Business Models
- Module 2: Governance and Leadership in Member Owned Businesses
- Module 3: Marketing Our Co-Operative Advantage (MOCA)
- Module 4: Financing Co-Operative and Mutual Businesses
- Module 5: Legislative Structures and their Impact on Co-Operative and Mutual Enterprises
About the presenter
This program is facilitated by Professor Tim Mazzarol who is a world expert in the cooperative and mutual sector. Tim has conducted extensive research and has authored many publications outlining the key issues, advantages and challenges that face co-operative and mutual organisations. Tim is a highly skilled and engaging facilitator, who takes an experiential approach to adult education, which challenges and inspires participants.
For current or aspiring; board members, CEOs and their direct reports, and senior leaders who have, or will have, a strategic role in their business.
- 27 July 2022
- 28 July 2022
- 29 July 2022
Contact the BCCM to request a code to receive the BCCM member rate. (You need this before registering)
Book via the AIM WA UWA Business School website.