27 January 2023
Congratulations to these outstanding people on being recognised in the 2023 Honours List. Your service and achievements shine a light on the co-operative and mutual sector:
Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia – Recipients
- Ms Merran Horne Kelsall, for distinguished service to the financial accounting sector, professional organisations and the community. Ms Kelsall was a Director of the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria, from 2008–2020.
Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia – Recipients
- The Honourable Professor Verity Firth, for significant service to the Parliament of New South Wales and social inclusion. The Hon. Professor Firth has been a Board Member of the Teacher’s Mutual Bank since 2020.
- The Honourable Eadley Graeme Stoney, for significant service to the community and the Parliament of Victoria. The Hon. Stoney was General Manager of FFORNE (Farm Forestry North East) hardwood co-operative from 2007–2009 and leader in the establishment of Mansfield Seed Producers Cooperative, Mansfield, in the 1980s.
- Mr Stephen John Scudamore, for significant service to business and commerce and the mining and resources sector. Mr Scudamore has been a Board Member of MDA National since 2012, Chair of the Insurance Board since 2014 and a Board Member of MDA National Ltd since 2013.
- Mrs Dalene Wray, for significant service to the organic beef industry and professional organisations. Mrs Wray was a Member of the Industry Advisory Group, Farm Cooperatives and Collaboration Pilot Program (Farming Together), 2016–2018.
Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division – Recipients
- Ms Alexandrea Cannon, for service to business. Ms Cannon was Chair of Credit Union SA from 2007-2017 and a Non-Executive Director of Credit Union SA from 2005–2021.
- Mr Robert John King, for service to the community of Nuriootpa. Mr King was a Committee Member of the Nuriootpa Community Store Board (The Barossa Co-op) serving from 1972–2000.