96th International Co-operative Day, 24th United Nations International Day of Co-Operatives
The International Day of Co-operatives is coming up on 7 July.
We are convinced that all together we can make #coopsday a big buzz.
Theme: Sustainable consumption and production of goods and services
Slogan: Sustainable societies through cooperation
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Spread the message through social media on 7 July using the below preformatted messages
- Pledge your co-operative on to www.Coopsfor2030.coop campaign to show the commitment of your co-operative to the Sustainable Development Goals and share on social media on 7 July
1. Spread the message
Preformatted messages for the social media
You don’t have much time to promote #coopsday but you definitely want to make #coopsday a big buzz? We have prepared some ‘ready to post’ messages for social media you can simply copy and paste or adapt them to your audience. The floor is yours:
- We are 1.2 billion members of #coops and we are delivering the @UN #SDG. On #CoopsDay we are showing the world that it is possible to grow with democracy, equity and social justice! @SDGoals @BCCM_AU
- We believe #coops consume, produce and use the resources that the planet gives us but in solidarity with the environment and with our communities. That’s why the world’s 1.2 billion #coops members are working with the @UN to make @SDGoals a reality. @BCCM_AU #CoopsDay
Also find the ICA #coopsday logo attached which you can display on your comms channels.
Find more preformatted messages via the International Co-operative Alliance in the Cooperators’ guide for #coopsday.
2. Pledge on to www.Coopsfor2030.coop
Co-ops for 2030 is a global campaign for co-operatives to learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals, commit to pledges to contribute to achieving the SDGs, and report their progress. Globally, co-ops have been recognised by the UN as a unique business model with characteristics that make it suitable to supporting the SDGs.
Interested? What you need to do next:
- Make an SDG pledge on the Co-ops for 2030 website: http://www.coopsfor2030.coop/en
- Let the BCCM know when you have made the pledge so that we can share progress with the rest of the world and Australian policy makers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Announce the pledge on International Day of Co-operatives using the suggested messaging to help spread awareness about the work we do for people and planet.
- We commit to [your commitment on coopsfor2030.coop]. Co-ops/mutuals are making the @UN @SDGoals a reality this #coopsDay @BCCM_AU