15 June 2022
On July 2, cooperatives all around the world will celebrate the 100th International Day of Cooperatives (#CoopsDay).
The International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) has announced this year’s theme will be “Cooperatives build a better world”, and we look forward to celebrating this day with co-operators and mutualists in Australia and around the world.
This is the same theme as the International Year of Cooperatives in 2012, providing us with an important opportunity to reflect on the past decade and the ways in which co-operatives and mutuals have improved individual and community life around the world, as well as the work that is still to be done.
The ICA and the BCCM invite cooperators everywhere to spread the word about how our human-centred business model, inspired by the cooperative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity and the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others, is building a better world.
How you can get involved
- On the day, keep your eye on BCCM socials and share our posts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Use the International Day of Cooperatives social assets, which you can access on the official #CoopsDay website.
- Print the official poster and share photographs of your members or staff holding the poster. Tell your social followers how you’re helping to build a better world and be sure to use the hashtag #CoopsDay.
- Tag us in your posts or email us so we can share your content too.
- Tell the ICA your story and have it shown in the #CoopsDay map.
- Of course, you can also plan your own celebration. Let us know how you’re planning to mark the occasion!