AMF Annual Education Scholarship
The Australian Mutuals Foundation (AMF) is a charity owned and governed by Australian credit unions and mutual banks to help alleviate poverty and disadvantage and help communities to recover from devastating natural disasters. Through charitable giving, AMF also supports education and training to deepen the understanding of mutuals and co-operatives and the power of the mutual model.
The AMF has launched a pilot of its annual education scholarship program with training provided by the BCCM and supported by COBA.
Scholarships are available for employees and directors of Australian credit unions and mutual authorised deposit-taking institutions (ADIs).
Expressions of interest are now open to apply for:
- Twenty full scholarships for An introduction to co-operatives and mutuals online course, to be redeemed for courses held between July and November 2022, valued at $250.
- Four partial scholarships for the Foundations of Directorship for CMEs (30DPD), delivered online by the Australian Institute of Company Directors in August 2022, valued at $1,250 per scholarship with the balance of $1,593 paid by the participant/their employer.
Applications open at 9 am, Friday, 1 April 2022. Applications close at 5 pm, Tuesday, 31 May 2022.
Criteria and assessment
- Employees and directors of an Australian credit union or mutual ADI for An introduction to co-operatives and mutuals online course,
- Senior managers and directors of an Australian credit union or mutual ADI for Foundations of Directorship for CMEs (30DPD),
- Applicants must complete the online Expression of Interest form prior to the application closure date – 5 pm, 31 May 2022
- Applicants applying for a partial scholarship for the Foundations of Directorship for CMEs must have their employer’s confirmation it will pay for the course fee balance. Successful applicants will be sent pre-reading material 4 weeks prior (4 July 2022) which is required to be completed prior to the first virtual session on 2 August 2022
- All applicants must commit to filling out a post-training survey
- Applicants must agree the results of the post-training survey can be shared by the BCCM with the AMF
- Scholarship bookings must be made by 5 pm, Friday, 29 July 2022 for available courses:
- Scholarships for An introduction to co-operatives and mutuals online course must be redeemed for a course held between July and November 2022
- Partial scholarships for the Foundations of Directorship for CMEs (30DPD), must be redeemed for the course to be held in August 2022
Applications open: 9 am, Friday, 1 April 2022
EOI applications close: 5 pm, Tuesday, 31 May 2022
Application review: 1- 9 June 2022
Winners contacted: Friday, 10 June 2022
Booking deadline: 5 pm, Friday, 29 July 2022
Expressions of interest are now open
If you are completing this application on behalf of someone else, please use their email address below.