A new internationally accredited training programme with consultancy input focussing on the ‘E’ in ESG and helping CMEs respond to the net zero imperative – early-bird prices available now for February 2023
The BCCM is launching a world-first accredited sustainability training programme for co-operative and mutual enterprises (CMEs) developed by sustainability strategist and educator Peter Watts. This will help CME leaders to understand key sustainability issues and equip them to lead their organisation in developing a strategy (or improving an existing one).
- Do you understand the opportunities from the low-carbon transition?
- Are you ‘E ready’ in your ESG framework? Do you have a strategy in place, does your existing one need an overhaul or are you starting from scratch?
- Do you feel equipped to discuss environmental/sustainability issues with your internal and external stakeholders? For example, senior team, employees, members, etc.
- Do you feel you understand different accreditations, ESG frameworks and reporting standards?
Estimated climate action benefits in Australia include an A$890 billion increase to GDP and the creation of more than 195,000 extra jobs by 2070. Conversely, dangerous climate change and loss of biodiversity pose significant risks to lives, food supplies and property and estimated annual economic costs of A$94 billion (BCA).
Who can benefit from this programme?
- Organisations without a current sustainability/ESG approach
- Organisations with an ESG strategy and needing support with its implementation
- Organisations with a sustainability strategy already in place – but it needs improvement and updating
About the course
The training course consists of a series of recorded lectures and self-directed learning together with live tutor-led workshops across three modules (7-8 hours per module). Participants will develop an actionable plan to protect their members and build value and resilience for the future and the course will finish with a one-one-one session with Peter to review and refine their approach.
- Module 1 – Foundations
- Module 2 – Action
- Module 3 – Transformation
The course is accredited by the international sustainability body IEMA whose mission it is to Transform the World to Sustainability. Upon completion, participants are awarded an IEMA Certificate and CPD points.
Module 1 will be released in February 2023 with content accessible for 18 months. This course has a minimum number requirement so secure your place early – buy online today (early-bird prices expire on 16 December 2022).
You will learn:
- The relationship between the CME model and sustainability, e.g., how proactive management of environmental issues builds value in the long-term for the organisation and its members
- How you can integrate sustainability into your organisational and member value offering turning good intentions into tangible actions
- The net zero imperative and the bigger picture between the international climate change response, national climate policy and requisite action by co-operatives.
- The advantages and opportunities from the low carbon transition and how to ensure that transition is managed in a way which is fair and just to your stakeholders
- The relationship between environment and ESG practices and frameworks including reporting standards and systems
- What you need to commit to help to become more sustainable and gain recognition in terms of accreditations, standards and initiatives
Level 1 pricing – 1 user licence
- Pilot BCCM member only early bird (ending 16 December 2022): $6,057 + GST
- Pilot BCCM ESG Project CoP members: $6,057 + GST
- Pilot BCCM member rate (after 16 December): $6,413 + GST
- Pilot Non BCCM member rate: $7,125 + GST
Level 2 pricing – 2-5 user licenses
- Pilot BCCM member only early bird (ending 16 December 2022): $11,248 + GST
- Pilot BCCM ESG Project CoP members: $11,248 + GST
- Pilot BCCM member rate (after 16 December): $11,909 + GST
- Pilot Non BCCM member rate: $13,232 + GST
Level 3 pricing – 6-10 user licenses
- Pilot BCCM member only early bird (ending 16 December 2022): $21,629 + GST
- Pilot BCCM ESG Project CoP members: $21,629 + GST
- Pilot BCCM member rate (after 16 December): $22,902 + GST
- Pilot Non BCCM member rate: $25,446 + GST
These prices include booking fees. Payment is also available via invoice.
Find out how your co-operative or mutual can become a member of the BCCM, and take advantage of our member discounts for this course.
Presented by Peter Watts
Peter Watts, Director of Watts Sustainability (UK), is an experienced sustainability consultant helping clients mitigate risks and most importantly understand and implement the opportunities presented by more sustainable ways of working. He is a Chartered Environmentalist and a Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment. He runs the consultancy Watts Sustainability with a client list including LEGO, DHL, Institute of Cancer Research and ITV amongst many others.
He specialises in the design and implementation of sustainability and ESG strategy with particular expertise on the ‘E’– with projects including helping organisations develop net zero and climate crisis response strategies, setting improvement programmes and developing engagement and behaviour change programmes.
He has been working with the BCCM on the ESG Sustainable Mutual Value Programme and is particularly enthusiastic about how the co-operative and mutual model can deliver benefits to the environment as well as society.