Support The Bunya Fund
The Bunya Fund is Australia’s first co-operative and mutual enterprise sector fund that supports the next generation of co-operative and mutual social enterprises. The first funding round recipients were announced in November 2022.
Round two applications are now open for The Bunya Fund and close at 5 pm, Friday, 14 April 2023.
The Bunya Fund is the Co-operative Development Fund set up by the BCCM working with our members, to help newer and emerging co-operatives and mutuals to grow and prosper to increase their positive impact on their members, their community, the environment and society.
The Bunya Fund provides funding for education, training, advisory and mentoring to support emerging co-operatives and mutuals with high economic, social, cultural and environmental impact.
The Bunya Fund supports the BCCM’s mission of growing the co-operative and mutual economy in Australia by empowering the next generation of social businesses to choose the co-operative or mutual model of enterprise if it is the right model for them.
The Bunya Fund will provide capacity building, education and advisory services, valued at between $5,000 and $25,000.
The Bunya Fund’s objectives
- Address the funding and advice gap for early-stage co-operative and mutual enterprises or initiatives.
- Support the growth of co-ops and mutuals in the Australian economy.
- Build momentum for more economic “co-operation among co-operatives”.
How will The Bunya Fund achieve its objectives?
- The Fund will provide advice, education and capacity building.
- Applications are assessed on strict guidelines to ensure the organisation is genuinely member-owned, financially viable and will deliver social impact.
- The impact of funding will be multiplied through BCCM and funder expertise and in-kind support.
- Impact evaluation of funding rounds to improve the Fund over time.
What funders receive
- An opportunity to multiply your impact in the community through funding, mentorship and long-term partnerships
- A say in what areas of impact the fund will deliver
- Measurement framework to track the short and long-term impact created
Are you interested in being a funder of The Bunya Fund?
Contact the BCCM for a prospectus and to become a funder of The Bunya Fund.
The bunya tree is sacred to Indigenous Australians for a long time. They are an important source of food, timber and fibre to their livelihood and the community.
Like the significance the bunya has to Indigenous Australians, the fund aims to be the source of enrichment to co-operatives, enabling prosperity and equity.