24 August 2022
Over $210,000 has been raised via The Flood Appeal activated by the Australian Mutuals Foundation (AMF) and further funds are expected as the appeal continues. Many thanks to the donors comprising of many organisations from the mutual sector, individual community members, and also co-operatives around Australia.
In partnership with the BCCM, G&C Mutual Bank and Summerland Credit Union, the AMF has started distributing the funds as small grants to local not for profits, charities and community groups in affected regions, to help recover from the devastating impact of the floods.
The AMF and partners are now pleased to announce the first round of small grants recipients:
- Summerland Dressage Club, $6,260
- Lismore Workers Swim Team, $3,000
- Northern Rivers Children’s Services Ltd, $10,000
- Nundah Community Enterprises Cooperative, $10,000
- Lismore Produce Market Inc, $2,500
- Northern Rivers Suicide Prevention and Awareness Group (NRSPAG), $5,000
- DIrawong Reserve Land Manager, $6,941
- Woodburn Event Team Inc, $10,000
- Goolmangar School of Arts Inc, $600
- The Channon Resilience Inc, $10,000
- Woodburn Evans Head Ladies Golf Club, $5,000
- Casino Art Group Inc, $2,000
- Woodburn Softball Club, $3,000
- Korinderie Ridge Co-Operative, $10,000
- Mid Richmond Historical Society Inc trading as Coraki Museum, $1,000
- Riley’s Hill War Memorial Reserve Trust, $3,000
- Woodburn Public School P&C Association, $2,500
- Evans Head Business & Community Chamber Inc, $8,400
- Coraki Community Garden, $5,000
- Riley’s Hill Community Hall, $1,900
- BANG Academy of Performing Arts & Byron Casting, $2,000
Due to the overwhelming response for assistance, AMF’s fundraising appeal continues and the AMF announce another round of recipients soon.
If you wish to support future rounds of funding, please donate online and encourage others to make a donation to help.