EVENTS HIGHLIGHTING THE COOPERATIVE AND MUTUAL SECTOR AND ITS MANY BENEFITS
Foundations of Directorship Course for CMEs
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR 2020
The Business Council of Co-operatives and Mutuals (BCCM) in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) is seeking expressions of interest from CME Directors and Executive Staff to undertake the new AICD Foundations of Directorship Course designed specifically for co-operative and mutual directors in Australia to run in 2020, subject to sufficient interest.
Expressions of Interest
This course has been designed specifically for co-operatives and mutuals to help contextualise the responsibilities for boards and directors operating within the sector.
Over three days, participants will gain a foundational knowledge of their directorship duties and responsibilities with interactive workshop sessions covering board duties, meeting processes, finance, strategy and risk.
Sessions are facilitated by experienced directors and the program incorporates case studies tailored to the co-operative and mutuals industry to help increase relevance for participants.
- New and aspiring co-op and mutual directors
- CME directors seeking a refresher course
- Company secretaries, CEOs, CFOs and other executives seeking insights into working with directors.
Participants will be eligible to receive the Foundations of Directorship Certificate upon successful completion of an assessment.
Program at a glance
Day 1: Governance for Directors
- The Role of the Director and the Board
- Introduction to Board Meetings and Governance
- Co-operative and Mutual Enterprise Governance Principles, CME Board Composition and Elections
Day 2: Finance for Directors
- Introduction to Financial Statements for Directors
- Assessing Financial Performance for Directors
- CME Financial Statements
Day 3: Strategy and Risk for Directors
- Introduction to the Strategic Role of the Director
- Risk: Issues for Directors
- CME Policy Developments including Mutual Capital Instrument