Advisory services for co-ops and mutuals
Membership and communications
Membership management and communications services that demonstrate the benefits of firms’ unique mutual business purpose.
BCCM’s network of consultants can provide a full range of expert membership advice and support services that help firms to take advantage of their mutuality.
We understand that membership management is as much about understanding people as it is about running effective systems.
With direct experience of a range of industry sectors, from healthcare to retail co-operatives, financial services mutuals and community based mutuals, our partners have first-hand knowledge of the challenges faced by those responsible for this important part of corporate governance.
We can help your mutual by sharing our partners’ vast experience to improve your established systems, or even help you to set them up from scratch.
Our experience means that we can draw upon the best practice available in the membership sector.
Membership Management services include:
- Consultancy advice from membership management experts
- Member governance expertise – from running elections to hosting successful meetings
- Member recruitment and retention strategies
- Drafting and assessing membership development strategies
- Building a community role for business
- Member relations advice
- Company secretarial services
- Member events and conferences
- Developing membership policies and procedures
We offer a full range of in-house and accredited governance related training:
- Board governance training
- Training and facilitation for elected representatives
- Master classes for executives and senior representatives
- Brand studies
- Strategic development
- Knowledge audits
- New service development
- Stakeholder positioning
- Communications Research
Internal communications consultancy:
- Determine the strategic fit of membership in your organisation
- Conduct an audit of current communications
- Develop your communication objectives
- Determine what you want each of your internal audiences to know or do
- Help you to deliver your messages to management & staff
- Develop a robust evaluation programme to enable you to regularly measure the effectiveness of your internal communications
Paper based member communications:
- Design and print of paper-based communications for members
- Marketing materials for members
- Membership Magazine
Digital member communications:
- Design and development of membership websites
- Digital marketing consultancy
- Online forums
- Video production
Our partners offer specialised legal services:
- Legal advice on governance issues
- Writing and updating constitutions
- Corporate governance advice
- Comprehensive corporate legal services